A Typical Day in Our Assisted Care Communities
Often we are asked: What is a typical day for a resident in one of your communities? This is such a good question, and one that is very helpful in helping to decide if a community is the right fit for you or your loved one.
- Caregivers start making rounds to check in with residents, assist with wake up, dressing, getting ready for the day.
- Breakfast starts at 7:30. Meals are a made-to-order in our dining rooms!
- Mid-morning will often be a time for residents to partake in one of our exercise classes, go for a walk, relax in the dining room chatting or reading the paper.
- Lunch is at noon, orders are taken at the table from our daily menu. Menus include numerous options daily, from main entrees, a homemade soup each day, and salad and sandwich options.
- After lunch we offer entertainment and activities that vary each day throughout the afternoon. Residents can also go on outings, take walks, relax in their rooms, visit with family or fellow residents.
- Dinner is at 5 pm, orders are taken at the table from our daily menu. Menus include numerous options daily, from main entrees, a homemade soup each day, and salad and sandwich options.
- After dinner is relaxation time - a time for residents to spend with visiting family, listening to music, or watching TV in their rooms.
Throughout the day our nurses and caregivers are assisting residents with daily activities and medications as well as personal care if needed.
Family and friends are always welcome to visit and spend time in our communities, we can arrange for family to join meals and for family events and gatherings.